Great for Recovery from Surgery, Elevation, and Finding a Comfortable Sleep Position
Enjoy total body comfort and support 8 different ways! This 3-piece multi-functional wedge system provides complete back and body support! Arrange the ergonomically designed cushions in multiple configurations to suite your individual support needs. You can even recreate the zero gravity position, placing your body at a 120-degree angle, one of the most relaxed positions for your body. Unique zippered connections allow full adjustability - just zip apart and use each cushion individually, or in any combination.
The BackMax® is wonderful for recovery after surgery - especially tummy tuck surgery (Abdominoplasty), breast augmentation, shoulder surgery and more. The BackMax® is vital to finding a comfortable resting and sleeping position when you can't comfortably lie in bed. It aids in elevation body parts for increased circulation and faster recoveries. Since each cush can be unzipped, repositioned or used individually, every user can find the ideal position.
"...it actually works quite well. The cushions are zipped together, so you can use them all (as in regular position) or unzip and use the back wedge portion as I do. It's like having all the cushions you'll ever need in one set." ... Contour Customer Review.
Benefits of the BackMax® Wedge Cushion System
- Multi-functional full body support system helps creates positions recommended for elevating all parts of the body, including upper body, legs and feet
- Head and body elevation is often recommended after surgery and for specific ailments
- Full incline position (often called "Zero-Gravity Position" places the legs above the level of the heart, which can promote circulation and help distribute the weight evenly.
- Can be used in bed or on the floor
- Perfect for watching television, napping or reading.
- Unique,zippered design allows cushions to be used together or separately
- Ultimate total body comfort for back, hips, legs and feet
- Designed for years of comfort - Made from high quality support foam
- Removable, machine washable cover included. Replacement covers are now available!
- Helps Improve Comfort While In Recovery from Surgery
This is not a medical device and is intended only to improve comfort, posture and support. It is not intended to treat any medical conditions.
Deluxe Wide: 70"L x 28" W x 15"H (at the highest point)
- after surgeries, accidents and injuries
- to aid digestion (raises esophagus above stomach)
- to reduce stress on the body (zero gravity position)
- to find a comfortable position
- Includes remoable, washable cover 70L x 28W x 14H inches
I have been very happy with my purchase and this helped me with back pain
We have ordered several of the back max items. We really like the 28 inch wide one the best. The 20 inch is fine but we have to concentrate to stay on it all night. They are very comfortable and we like them better than our $2000 adjustable bed.
I have been unable to sleep all night in our bed for the past 2-1/2 years because I would wake up with pain across the middle of my back. Since buying this, I am gratefully in bed all night. It is not cheap and the size makes it cumbersome to store during the day, but it has been worth every penny. No more sleeping in a recliner! Highly recommend it.
The Backmax is comfortable and supportive. The foam core gives just enough to be cushioning while staying rigid enough to not deform. I'm 6 feet tall and 200 lbs and the Backmax is almost the perfect size for me when zipped together, but I found that it was more comfortable if I unzipped the sections and spread them out a little. My one wish for the system is that there be available slip-on covers made of regular sheet material that could be easily removed and washed. You can remove the zippered covers the Backmax comes with, but they are not that easy to get back on the foam cushions. Overall the product is comfortable, made well, shipped uncompressed and does not have a noticeable odor like most new foam bed wedges do.
This wedge set has already relieved a large percentage of my chronic back pain from military service. And just to prove it was this wedge set, I slept on my normal bed a few nights again without it and the back pain came back. I then put the wedge set back and again, my back pain subsided. This set does what it is supposed to do. Thank you.