on January 14, 2014
Here is a simple 15 step exercise anyone can do at work. Especially helpful if you sit at a desk all day. Feel energized and ready to go, anytime.
- Stand up!
- Take off your shoes
- Rock back on your heels, then up on your toes
- Stand flat footed
- Close your eyes, shake out your hands and wiggle your fingers.
- Push your chest out and up like a soldier, stretch out your upper body
- Breathe in deeply and slowly... hold it, then exhale... Repeat!
- Shrug your shoulders up toward your ears, then push your shoulders backward This is a great exercise - Do it again.
- Relax your shoulders and arms
- Look down toward the floor... then up toward the ceiling.
- Look straight ahead then turn your head slowly to the right, then to the left
- Keep smiling!
- Again, breathe in deeply... hold it and exhale slowly
- As you sit down, concentrate on placing your tailbone near your chair's backrest and make sure your posture is upright
This simple exercise can be done in as little as 60 seconds. Stretch it out and relieve some stress while your at it. The key is to take a break from the grind and the demands of your daily tasks. Give your muscles a chance to stretch out. Work your muscles and get your circulation going. Refresh your body and muscles with extra oxygen. Then concentrate on your posture, making sure you have a comfortable chair and are properly supported.