- Perfect Wedge for Acid Reflux
- Available in 3 different heights
- Provides gradual incline for superior comfort and support
- Includes a removable washable cover
- Contours to the shape of your spine
- Use in 2 different positions for better support for sleeping or relaxing in bed
- Massage function for added relaxation while you rest elevated
- 5 differet support positions!
- Removable washable cover
- Wrapped in Memory Foam for plush comfort and support
- Detachable bottom piece you can use as a stand alone cushion
- Raise the head of your bed with a touch of a button
- Adjustable wedge allows you to find the perfect elevation
- Available for all Mattress sizes - Twin, Full, Queen and King
- Works with any Mattress
Finding Relief For Acid Reflux, GERD or Heartburn
Have you ever experienced a burning pain or discomfort? Have these pains been located in your stomach, abdomen region or even in your throat? Have you ever had a sour or bitter taste in your mouth? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you probably have dealt with acid reflux on more than one occasion.
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIH), Acid Reflux (GERD) affects roughly 20 percent of the US population. The disease itself can manifests as different types of Reflux per patient. Acid Reflux does not discriminate against age, race or gender. Ultimately, anyone can develop the condition, and while some cases are mildly intermittent, there is still a large number of people who deal with this condition day to day.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GER)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Esophagitis Disease
- Laryngopharyngeal Disease
- Gastric Reflux
No matter how you label the condition, one thing is for sure, it makes night time sleeping a pain-literally! Not only does it have us up in the middle of the night struggling with the pain, but it also has us up late searching for some natural heartburn remedy in hopes of getting just one wink of sleep.
While we can of course try and combat our acid reflux with a nightstand full of tums, or try and swallow a teaspoon of Baking Soda or even attempt to drink an Apple Cider Vinegar and water concoction. I don’t know about you – but the only thing I could probably stomach is the tums.
Anyone who struggles with Acid Reflux understands the never ending battle each night in order to get some sort of reflux relief. However, there is a better way to combat your Acid Reflux discomfort without leaving a bad taste in your mouth. A gastroenterology study published by the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, recommends sleeping elevated (typically 6-8 inches) either by raising the mattress or by using a foam bed wedge to help combat symptoms associated with your reflux condition.
How does a Bed Wedge Help with Acid Reflux?
While some people may opt for surgery or follow a daily dose of medication, a bed wedge is a less intrusive option when dealing with your symptoms. As mentioned, doctors recommend elevating your torso 6 to 8 inches. By raising your torso while you sleep at night, it helps by preventing your stomach acid from entering your esophagus which causes many of your reflux symptoms like pain or discomfort, burping or the bad taste in your mouth.
Ultimately, the bed wedge is an holistic approach to those looking for a solution to help alleviate their symptoms associated with Acid Reflux. This is because we are using gravity to help keep the stomach contents where they should be.