Simple leg Pillow helps people who suffer from Sciatica, Herniated Discs, Spinal Stenosis and Lower Back Pain!
Relieves low back strain and pain from Sciatica by properly aligning knees, hips, and spine while sleeping. The patented Contour Leg Pillow is a very simple solution to immediately stabilize your pelvis and reduce the stress and twisting force on you sacroiliac joints, herniated discs, muscles and ligaments. This simple pillow helps reduce the lower back and leg pain associated with sciatica, herniated discs and spinal stenosis while sleeping.
Side sleeping is often the preferred sleeping position for back posture and alignment, however, it does present some unique problems. Side sleeping can aggravate low back problems, including sciatica, disc herniation, ruptured discs and other causes of low back pain.
Typically when side sleeping your legs do not stay aligned vertically, meaning that the top leg usually drops forward slightly and down, causing your pelvis to rotate. This rotation of your pelvic causes several other problems, a chain reaction of sort, and can include:
- First, pressure is placed on the sacroiliac joint or SI joint which can lead to sciatica pain.
- When your top leg causes your pelvis to rotate, it puts a slight twisting force on your lower vertebrae and discs from the lumbar area up to the thoracic region of your spine ( middle back ). This twisting force, can distort your spinal discs and prevent full recovery and rehydration.
- This twisting also causes your back muscles to tighten and stress on spinal ligaments.
- Lastly, anyone with Spinal Stenosis is going to be much more sensitive improper alignment and stability when sleeping.
- The pillow fits the curves of your legs, so it comfortably stays in place throughout the night.
- Super-soft, removable velour cover (poly-cotton) is available in 3 colors: Ecru, Blue and Green.
- Made from 100% visco-elastic memory foam
Read more about sciatica, sciatic nerve pain, and herniated disks here.
Looking for a slight firmer, more supportive leg pillow?Try our New Cool Leg Pillow.
Pillow is very helpful with hip pain from sciatica.