CHICAGO (2007 International Home & Housewares Show) – Contour Living™, a leader in the ergonomic support and comfort industry, introduces the next generation of its best-selling, patented Contour Freedom Back®, a back support cushion featuring a new massage function.
First introduced more than a decade ago, the Contour Freedom Back is designed to provide optimum back support while sitting upright in a chair. Contour Living added the new massage feature to complement the product’s existing design features, all of which focus on relieving stiffness and pain in the upper and lower back, legs and tailbone.
“When we introduced the Contour Freedom Back, we had our customers with office jobs in mind, as well as anyone else who has to sit upright for extended periods throughout the day,” Scott Davis, president and CEO of Contour Living, said. “Then we thought, ‘What’s a better way to help these customers get through their long days than offering them a soothing back massage?’ It’s these types of everyday indulgences that consumers are looking for in the products they buy right now.”
The new Contour Freedom Back still features the five original design components that contribute to the product’s overall back support, including:
- a cut-out groove in the middle of the cushion from top to bottom to cradle the user’s spine and reduce pressure
- a tapered design at the top to support the upper back and shoulder blades, while still allowing room for upper body movement
- wrap-around sides to hug the user for extra support and stability
- a tapered bottom, with an indention for the tailbone to reduce pressure on the lower back; and
- an overall anatomical shape to fit the curves of the back and provide total lumbar support.