The Mediflow Waterbase Fiber Pillow is a premium hypoallergenic fiber
pillow which cushions the head and neck. The secure Waterbase (water
filled bladder inside the pillow) responds instantly to movement. This
exclusive Waterbase design enables patients to adjust firmness to your desired
comfort level. Simply adjust the water level in the Waterbase bladder for
optimum cervical and head support.
- The Mediflow Waterbase Fiber Pillow provides a layer of super-soft, premium hypoallergenic fiber cushioning for the head and neck, providing outstanding support and comfort.
- Clinically shown to reduce neck pain -
Read the John Hopkins report here
- Exclusive Waterbase design allows each patient to adjust firmness, from soft to firm, by simply adjusting water level
- Easy to follow directions show how much water to add for soft, medium and firm support.
- Uses ordinary tap water and does not require any chemical additives.
- Secure Waterbase pouch immediately responds to your movements during the night, providing constant head and neck support.
- Jumbo Size: 20" x 28" - Fits standard and queen size pillow cases
When on your back, the Mediflow Waterbase Fiber Pillow cradles the neck and
provides outstanding support in all directions. As you move and/or change
sleeping position, the water instantly adjusts to maintain correct head and neck
support with outstanding comfort.
On February 6, 1997, a peer-reviewed clinical study on the therapeutic
effectiveness of cervical pillows, released by Johns Hopkins University School
of Medicine, revealed that the Mediflow® water pillow was associated with reduced morning pain intensity, increased pain
relief and improved quality of sleep. When compared to the participants own
pillows and a roll pillow, the study also showed that the Mediflow water pillow
was significantly better for overall satisfaction.
"To be recognized by a published Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
peer-reviewed clinical study is a great honor for our company", said Maurice
Bard, Chief Executive Officer of Mediflow, Inc. "There is no higher form of
medical proof than a peer-reviewed clinical study and there is not a more
recognized name in medicine than the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine."
Cervical Pain: A Comparison of Three
Pillows, Lavin RA. Research conducted at Johns Hopkins University School of
Medicine. Published in Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation February
On January 16, 1996, Director of Research and Ergonomics Gary E. Sanders, PhD reported the results of the following study on
the Mediflow® water pillow: 104 subjects were given the Mediflow® water pillow, pre-filled with 128 ounces of water, and were asked to sleep with it for seven consecutive nights. Each subject was then asked to complete a five item survey regarding their impression of the Mediflow® water pillow. The results of the survey showed.
Quality of Sleep Findings, Logan College of
Chiropractic. Poster presentation at the Conference of Chiropractic Research and
Education, June 1996 San Diego, USA.
- Sixty-eight percent of the subjects felt the Mediflow® water pillow was better than the pillow they normally used.
- Sixty-eight percent of the subjects said the quality of their sleep improved when using the Mediflow® water pillow.
- Ninety percent of the subjects said they would continue to use the Mediflow® water pillow.
- Eighty-four percent of the subjects rated the Mediflow® water pillow 8 or better on a 10 point scale. (10 being the highest satisfaction).